2019 Meeting Dates
3rd Quarter Meetings and Golf Outing
Monday, August 19, 2019 at Garrison Conference Center and The Fort Golf Course
LOCATION: The Fort Golf Resort
6002 North Post Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216
9:30AM – Board of Director Meeting
11:30AM – Golf Check In / Registration
12:00N Shotgun Golf Start
4:30PM’ish – General Membership Dinner Meeting
OTHER: Dinner and prizes immediately following. Please remember that with the new National Finance Program, cash payments are discouraged so please bring your checkbooks, debit and/or credit cards!
Don’t miss out on this year’s event – as it is being played on one of Indiana’s best public golf courses! We are looking for a record turnout so get your team together today. Everyone is welcome regardless of playing ability. Join the fun and go home with one of several awesome prizes!
IRS Valuation Update – Why It Matters!
September 12, 2019
This seminar is designed to clarify the needs and necessities for appraisals going to the IRS.
• Communication as a key element, understanding what is required is critical
• The Law – Federal Tax Code and Regulations related to Real Estate Donations
• Valuing Interests in Real Property
• Market Analysis/Highest & Best Use
• Responsibilities of Appraiser, Taxpayer, and Charity in completing IRS Form 8283
• Introduction to Estate & Gift, Fractional Interest, Casualty Loss, and Fair Market Rent
• Expert Witness Role Play presentation – Cross Examination/Re-Direct of Expert Witness Real Property Appraiser in Tax Court
• Q & A session with IRS attorneys and IRS appraisers
4th Quarter Meetings
Friday, December 13, 2019 at the Alexander
National Meetings and Events
To view the Appraisal Institute’s upcoming national events, click here.